Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wedding Invitation


Hey everyone, this is the invitation that I've made up for my brothers wedding. There are a few little things I think may not exactly work, but bride & groom make final call! But overall, it just still It still doesn't feel right to me. I dunno, I've been looking at it a lot, so fresh sets of eyes would be great!

It will be on a soft white or off-white cotton paper, with a brown matting about .25 in on each side, in a trifold (envelope-type) on the same as invitation paper. And a purple tie/ribbon.

Unfortunately I will only be in the city for the day on wednesday so i need to get them all printed first thing wednesday morning.

4 comments:

  1. That's absolutely beautiful. I only have two suggestions:
    1) Change the leading between the ampersand and your brother's name - it's kind of awkward when they meet
    2) I know script and cursive fonts tend to look smaller than regular - maybe make it a bit bigger? To me I think your soon-to-be sister in-law and brother's name should look bigger than the information below it. Spotlight's on them - It's their day!

    I love what you're doing for details - the paper, ribbon, matting ! It's awesome =) Please post pictures when you're done; I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks aichelle! Unfortunately he wants the ampersand through the top of the name like that. I totally agree with you and I've tried to convince them otherwise... but he's not changing lol Definitely agree on their names being bigger though! And I like what you've done with the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Jamie. I'm not sure if this can help you but i think the first three sentences above the bride/groom's name should be more close together and first & third sentences should be smaller type size. Maybe I'm wrong but try this to see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww ! lol and thanks I was getting bored. haha. I can't wait to see the final invitation

    ReplyDelete